Tuesday 5 May 2015

Weekend training

Bank holiday weekend with my son at his mums, so a load of spare time to get some miles in.

Decided to do my long run on Sunday, combining the healthiness of intense cardio exercise with the cumulative hangover I'd achieved from two nights drinking. Having left my car in Richmond an early start was required to reach it before the traffic wardens were entitled to notch up another kill.

In the end I got the train halfway and ran from Surbiton station, reached my car in 5 1/2 miles, my longest run for months. Felt strong so I ran another mile to give myself a pleasing 10k total.
Got a good euphoric buzz from the running and promised myself to build up to half marathon fitness as a priority.
Strava link.

Just got home and about to step into the shower when I'm called out for a bike ride. Only a moments hesitation and I was out the door again for a really good fun ride out to Richmond Park and around. 30 miles ish in total.
Strava link.

Monday the sun was hot and another unexpected call out for a ride. Went to the hills this time to begin some training for a trip on the horizon to the Pyrenees.
Another good ride of 45 miles.
Strava link.

Pretty happy with the weekends training, the Pyrenees cycle trip is in July and with some strong cyclists so I need to do some work to get my fitness up in time.

There's also a slight temptation to do the Dragon Ride in June, a 224km brutal hilly ride around the Brecon Beacons in Wales. Will ponder this a bit before signing up as it's in less than 5 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment