Saturday 18 April 2015

After work escape

15:51 and I'm on the train to Alton to pick up the trail where I bailed out last time. Took me 10 minutes after work to pack some overnight stuff and I'd already uploaded the route to my Garmin ready for the off.
The sun's shining and some tailwinds await my arrival in Hampshire!

Chatting to a guy on the train who is doing a 200 mile ride around a lake in Sweden, also told me about another race called the island hopper, 17 islands to run across and swim between them. Total run is marathon distance. Feeling some inspiration and I'll have to look these up.

20.00 65km later arrived at my guest house, lovely place, and headed out to the pub.
Beautiful ride down, fairly brisk pace and it seemed downhill most of the way.
I've now got a dilemma for tomorrow, ride back home as planned 122km or do the Wiggle New Forest Sportive route 111km and the train home from Brockenhurst... Nice decision to have to make!

Strava link to this evenings ride http://app.strava.com/activities/287948718

No comments:

Post a Comment