Sunday 12 April 2015

Today's bike ride with my club

What a beautiful day!
I've not ridden much over the winter so I'm easing myself back into cycling gently. Today I joined my club group ride for the second time this year, last time I struggled to hold the pace for the whole ride!

Dressed in my winter gear thinking about waiting in the cold at the start point then stopping for coffee and cake. This was an error.

Seven of us headed out from Hampton at a fair pace through Sunbury, Chertsey, Chobham, Ascot and out to Windsor. Gave it full beans on the run into Windsor knowing the recovery time was coming at the coffee shop in town. Sharp right turn in front of the Castle and we're headed down towards Old Windsor. 'Hey! Not stopping today?!' several of the group looked as unsettled as me but we were already up to speed and stretched out along the long flat tarmac.

A bit later my empty emergency energy gel wrapper was hanging from my teeth and my quads were cramping up!

All in all a really good ride today that stretched me without breaking me. Perfect day's cycling, thanks to the guys and girl that were there.

Only one incident where one of the guys got a length of barbed wire (???!) stuck in his derailleur and it took a few minutes to detangle. No apparent damage done.

75 flattish kilometers Strava link

No comments:

Post a Comment