Sunday 12 April 2015

This is me.

Hi, I'm Russell. I'm at the tender age of 42 years and I'm 5 foot 7 and a bit.

I have the same level of spontaneous enthusiasm that I did when I was 12 and a similar desire of mischievous adventure as I did when I was 18. Occasionally this works in harmony with my real life as a responsible full time single dad and sometimes things get complicated.

My adult bike riding started about 3 years ago, just to the pool and back as part of a conscious change to a healthier path, leading me away from some unhealthy lifestyle habits I'd nurtured since my youth. 

Shortly after my decision to be more healthy individual I signed up for a Triathlon, believing that as I was currently able to run without stopping for a whole minute, that this target was well within my grasp.
Since then I've not looked back and I've had an amazing few years of sprint and middle distance triathlons, running events and one marathon, obstacle racing, long distance lightweight cycle touring and I've opened up my horizons to realise anything is possible.

I've successfully combined this with the best bits and essential bits of my previous lifestyle, with work, being a dad, going to music festivals, dancing and so much more. I now feel invigorated by life and what it has to offer.

I'm writing this blog as a personal account for myself, to refer back to when things seem tough and I need inspiration and also I'm hoping it might inspire others to take a step in an exciting new direction.

Hope you enjoy my blog.
Russell :)


No comments:

Post a Comment